Peter is a GP and Professor in primary care and innovative health care delivery. He is director of the Research Centre for Cancer Diagnosis in Primary Care (CaP), a cross‐disciplinary research group for primary cancer diagnosis investigating the pathway from symptom to treatment of cancer.
Follow Peter on Twitter @PVedsted
View Peter’s LinkenIn profile.
+45 8716 7905
University of Aarhus, DK
Clinical practice, primary care, health services, epidemiology
- Direct access to fast transvaginal ultrasound for earlier diagnosis of ovarian cancer
- The management of patients with anaemia, the risk of cancer and cancer-related anaemia subtypes
- Diagnostic accuracy of FIT in patients urgently referred for colorectal cancer
- The development of an abdominal ‘yes-no’ pathway for primary care patients with vague and non-specific abdominal symptoms
- Stanciu MA, Law R-J, Nafees S, Hendry M, Yeo ST, Hiscock J, Lewis R, Edwards RT, Williams NH, Brain K, Brocklehurst P, Carson-Stevens A, Dolwani S, Emery J, Hamilton W, Hoare Z, Lyratzopoulos G, Rubin G, Smits S, Vedsted P, Walter FM, Wilkinson C, Neal RD. Development of an intervention to expedite cancer diagnosis through primary care: Protocol. BJGP Open 4 September 2018; bjgpopen18X101595
- Walter FM, Thompson MJ, Wellwood I, Abel GA, Hamilton W, Johnson M, Lyratzopoulos G, Messenger MP, Neal RD, Rubin G, Singh H, Spencer A, Sutton S, Vedstead P, Emery JD. Evaluating diagnostic strategies for early detection of cancer: the CanTest framework. BMC Cancer, 2019, 19:586
- Baun ML, Jensen H, Falborg AZ, Heje HN, Petersen LK, Vedsted P. Ovarian cancer suspicion, urgent referral and time to diagnosis in Danish general practice: a population-based study. Family Practice, 2019, cmz013
- Holt Jessen N, Jensen H, Falborg AZ, Glerup H, Gronbaek H, Vedsted P. Abdominal investigations in the year preceding a diagnosis of abdominal cancer: a register-based cohort study in Denmark. Cancer Epidemiology, 2021, doi: 10.1016/j.canep.2021.101926