Stephen is an academic GP interested in improving lung cancer diagnosis in Primary Care. As a Clinical Research Fellow with CanTest, he will be undertaking a PhD at the University of Leeds. This will involve examining the pathway to diagnosis for patients with lung cancer, who have been investigated by their GP with a chest x-ray, which did not detect the lung cancer (‘false negative’ result). He aims to compare the time to diagnosis taken for these patients, with the time taken for patients in whom the chest x-ray did detect the cancer. It is hoped this work will inform policy on whether chest x-ray should remain a first line investigation into lung cancer or if other alternatives should be used, such as computed tomography (CT).
Follow Stephen on Twitter @DryBreadnRadio
+44 (0)113 3430828
University of Leeds, UK
Lung cancer diagnosis.
- Bradley SH, Kennedy MPT, Neal R. Recognising Lung Cancer in Primary Care. Advances in Therapy, 2018, 36 (1):19-30, doi: 10.1007/s12325-018-0843-5
- Bradley SH, Abraham S, Callister M, Grice A, Hamilton W, Rodriguez Lopez R, Shinkin B, Neal R. Sensitivity of chest x-ray for detecting lung cancer in people presenting with symptoms: systematic review. British Journal of General Practice, 2019, doi: 10.3399/bjgp19X706853
- di Martino E, Andersen AC, Mengel-Jørgensen T, Jensen MB, Bradley S, Neal RD. Is there a place for point-of-care ultrasound in UK primary care? British Journal of General Practice, 2020; 70 (696): 323-324. doi: 10.3399/bjgp20X710801
- Bradley SH, Richards GC, Lloyd K, Wayant C, DeVito N, Rombey T, Gill P. Reducing bias and improving transparency in medical research: A critical overview of the problems, progress so far and suggested next steps. Journal of Royal Society of Medicine, 2020,113(11):433-443, doi:10.1177/0141076820956799
- Bradley SH & Barclay ME. “Liquid biopsy” for cancer screening. British Medical Journal, 2021; 372:m4933, doi: 10.1136/bmj.m4933
- Bradley SH, Hatton NLF, Aslam R, Bhartia B, Callister MEJ, Kennedy MPT, Mounce L, Shinkins B, Hamilton WT, Neal RD. Estimating lung cancer risk from chest x-ray and symptoms: a prospective cohort study. British Journal of General Practice, 2020, doi: 10.3399/bjgp20X713993