Becky works as a research assistant and PhD student in the ECHO group at UCL, led by Yoryos Lyratzopoulos. She supports the management and curation of health records data, and researches their use in helping to diagnose cancer earlier in symptomatic patients.
She has previously worked as an Analytical Manager for Cancer Research UK’s partnership with Public Health England, and analysed Cancer Research UK’s bowel cancer screening campaigns, carrying out analysis of population-based data and social research.
University College London, UK
Early diagnosis, data management, cancer screening, cancer treatments, health marketing evaluation
- White B, Power E, Ciurej M, Hing Lo S, Nash K, Ormiston-Smith N. Piloting the Impact of Three Interventions on Guaiac Faecal Occult Blood Test Uptake within the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme. BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, doi: 10.1155/2015/928251
- White B, Nordin A, et al. Geographic variation in the use of lymphadenectomy and external‐beam radiotherapy for endometrial cancer: a cross‐sectional analysis of population‐based data. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 2019 doi: 10.1111/1471-0528.15914
- White B, Renzi C, Rafiq M, Abel GA, Jensen H, Lyratzopoulos G. Does changing healthcare use signal opportunities for earlier detection of cancer? A review of studies using information from electronic patient records, Cancer Epidemiology 2021.
- White B, Rafiq M, Gonzalez-Izquierdo A, Hamilton W, Price S, Lyratzopoulos G. Risk of cancer following primary care presentation with fatigue: A population-based cohort study of a quarter of a million patients. Br J Cancer (2022). doi: 10.1038/s41416-022-01733- 6
- Becky White, Cristina Renzi, Meena Rafiq, Gary A. Abel, Henry Jensen, Georgios Lyratzopoulos. Does changing healthcare use signal opportunities for earlier detection of cancer? A review of studies using information from electronic patient records. Cancer Epidemiology, 2021, 102072, ISSN 1877-7821, doi: 10.1016/j.canep.2021.102072.